Tuesday, September 1, 2009

GO!GO!7188 Live at JCB Hall

I was invited again to see GO!GO!7188 at JCB Hall in the Tokyo Dome complex tonight. This band is huge! 5,000 people were there ready to have their pants rocked off. Amidst such a crowd, I was one of only 2 or 3 gaijin! It's a weird feeling stumbling on such a concert. Part of me feels like I'm sitting on top of a musical gold mine virtually untouched in the West. A band like GO!GO! could practically fill an arena in Japan, yet they've barely made a dent back home. With monster guitarist Yuu and the unstoppable energy of bassist Akko, maybe this will change soon.

I managed to sneak a few photos.
The zoomin reveals more.

Akko actually remembered meeting me in early spring the last time I saw the group! The Werewolf lives on!

No comments: