Friday, December 4, 2009

Music Video...Or Bitchin' Nike Ad?

I first heard chit-chat about the band Sakanaction through some of my Japanese friends. They've been obsessing over the group for the past few months.

The other week, after an awesome show, I was hanging out with some of the members Bo-Peep and Prague. We were drinking and chatting well past the last train and I ended up splitting a cab home with Tsugu, the bassist from Prague. Some of the best conversations happen well after midnight in taxicabs. I asked him what music influences his band. Without hesitation, he mentioned Sakanaction. I went out and picked their first album, GO TO THE FUTURE, the very next day.

Check out this awesome video, or perhaps a totally bitchin' Nike ad. The Japanese are into branded content.

No comments: