Monday, April 27, 2009

Exposure

A few of the indy bands I've been writing about have recently been picking up legitimate exposure around Tokyo. Last month, Metropolis, the major English language publication, ran a few articles about some of my favorite local acts.

Sunset Drive got a little blurb hyping their upcoming Sleeping on the Dayshift, Vol. 2. I was pleasantly surprised to see the article when I opened the magazine. Click here and scroll down a few paragraphs.

Way back in November, I talked about a few run-ins with songwriter Kat McDowell, most notably at her performance at the very first Sleeping on the Dayshift. It seems that the Metropolis editors felt that her musical activities around town were worthy of a full page write up!

Congrats to both groups. Hope to see you in action soon.

No comments: